The Obuasi Gold Mine is an open-pit and underground gold mine situated near Obuasi, in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.It is one of the top-9 largest gold mines on Earth. The 'land' is customarily owned by the Asantehene King Osei Tutu II. The mine is in Obuasi Municipal District, 39 miles (59.4 kilometers) south-west of regional capital Kumasi.

May 20, 2019· Pres Akufo Addo re-opens Anglogold Ashanti Obuasi Mine - Duration: 10:19. Nsem-Pii TV 8,534 views. 10:19. Minister inspects Ashanti Region road projects - Duration: 3:41.

Mining giant, Anglo Gold Ashanti says it is planning to recruit about 2,500 workers following its resolve to resume full-scale operations at its Obuasi mine. The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Eric Asubonteng made this known at a Town Hall meeting organized by the mining giant with stakeholders in Obuasi.

AngloGold Ashanti's Obuasi gold mine is located in the Ashanti region of Ghana, 200 km north-west of Accra. It was acquired by AngloGold following a merger with Ashanti Goldfields in 2004. Falling gold prices in 2013 overtook hit restructuring efforts and in 2014 underground production was suspended rather than operate at a loss.

The five-year contract at the AngloGold Ashanti operation will see AUMS team up with Rocksure International, a Ghana-based mining contractor, under a 70:30 joint venture. AUMS, owned 50:50 by Ausdrill and Barminco Holdings, will provide a full suite of underground mining services at Obuasi, with major capital equipment supplied by AngloGold.

Feb 20, 2018· AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. will reopen its idled Obuasi mine after Ghana approved a plan to redevelop the asset as a more profitable, mechanized operation. Obuasi, …

AngloGold Ashanti is close to a decision to re-open the Obuasi mine depending on the outcome of talks with the Ghanaian government to finalise an investment development agreement and "obtain the ...

Search all the latest jobs in Obuasi, Ghana. AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.

Feb 20, 2018· AngloGold Ashanti has announced that it has signed an agreement with the Government of Ghana to provide the framework for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Gold Mine, turning it into a "modern productive mining operation." Under the agreement, which incorporates a development agreement, a tax ...

Mining giant, Anglo Gold Ashanti says it is planning to recruit about 2,500 workers following its resolve to resume full-scale operations at its Obuasi mine. The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Eric Asubonteng made this known at a Town Hall meeting organized by the mining giant with ...

The project phase also includes the redesigned underground mine, refurbished and upgraded underground and surface infrastructure to support efficient operations. Speaking at the official launch of the Obuasi Mine Redevelopment Project, President Akufo-Addo said Anglogold Ashanti must also work to transform the mining town for the better.

Jun 05, 2019· Mining giant, Anglo Gold Ashanti says it is planning to recruit about 2,500 workers following its resolve to resume full-scale operations at its Obuasi mine. The …

AngloGold Ashanti Ghana Obuasi Mine has inaugurated a Closure Consultative Committee to see to the implementation of requirements enshrined in the Reclamation Security Agreement, which forms part ...

It was formed in 2004 by the merger of AngloGold and the Ashanti Goldfields Corporation.AngloGold Ashanti Limited is now a global..... View Details. 14 Sep 2016 ... Our Client,a sub-contractor to AngloGold Ashanti Limited, Obuasi Mine, specialized in mining development works. The Company operates at the Obuasi Mine. A vacancy has arisen for a ...

AngloGold Ashanti, Obuasi Mine has been officially reopened after four years of limited operation. The reopening ceremony was attended by dignitaries and stakeholders including the President of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akuffo Addo and the Asantehene, Otumfo Osei Tutu II. Speaking at the event, Eric Asubonteng, Managing Director of the Obuasi Mine…

The mine is located within the Obuasi concession area in south-western Ghana along the north easterly-striking Ashanti volcanic belt. The deposit is one of the most significant Proterozoic gold …

Jun 13, 2019· AngloGold Ashanti has said the company is on course to produce its first gold from the revamped Obuasi mine. The AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi mine was revamped in January this year after about four years of inactivity.

The Continental Africa Region comprises seven mines, of which six are operational. Of these, AngloGold Ashanti manages four mines. In Ghana, the company has two mines, Iduapriem and Obuasi, with Obuasi currently on care and maintenance.

Home / Press Office / AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine. ... Alaska mine with $100bn lode to get lifeline from Trump EPA. Major drill targets confirmed at Katoro's Haneti nickel project .

The Obuasi Gold Mine is an open-pit and underground gold mine situated near Obuasi, in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. It is one of the top-9 largest gold mines on Earth. The 'land' is customarily owned by the Asantehene King Osei Tutu II. The mine is in Obuasi Municipal District, 39 miles (59.4 kilometers) south-west of regional capital Kumasi.

The Managing Director of AngloGold Ashanti, Obuasi Mine, has revealed that the Mine is keen in helping to improve the standard of education in its catchment areas. Speaking at the Mine's first Town Hall meeting in 2019, Eric Asubonteng highlighted the plans the Mine has put in place to make them realize that dream.

JOHANNESBURG - AngloGold Ashanti, the world's third-largest gold mining company by production, yesterday announced it would spend $500million (R5.83billion) to reopen its Obuasi mine in Ghana as ...

654 results for jobs in AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Gold Mine,job vacancies in AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Gold Mine,employment in AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Gold Mine,careers in AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Gold Mine

Obuasi Mine. AngloGold Ashanti's Obuasi redevelopment project in Ghana is set to produce its first gold by the end of 2019 after four years of limited operation and being on care and maintenance. This is a mine that has long held potential to uplift the local economy.

May 14, 2019· AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined. Job Description. Job Title: Mobile Crane Operator.

In January 2009, AngloGold Ashanti sold its 33% stake in the Boddington Gold Mine in Australia to Newmont Mining for US$1.0 billion. Russell Edey, chairman of AngloGold since 2002 and, after the merger also of AngloGold Ashanti, was replaced by Tito Mboweni in May 2010.

Mining giant, AngloGold Ashanti has revealed that it is planning to recruit about 2,500 workers following its resolve to resume full-scale operations at its Obuasi mine. The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Eric Asubonteng made this known at a Town Hall meeting organized by the mining giant with stakeholders in Obuasi.

Aug 21, 2017· AngloGold Ashanti is close to a decision to re-open the Obuasi mine depending on the outcome of talks with the Ghanaian government to finalise an investment development agreement and "obtain the requisite consents and approvals." The full plans are to be presented next quarter subject to ...