The Port of Cape Flattery operates primarily for the export of silica sand from the Cape Flattery silica mine. The mine site on Cape York covers a lease of around 6,500 hectares and has an estimated resource of over 500 million tonnes of silica sand. Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation,

Port of Cape Flattery. The Port of Cape Flattery is situated more than 200 kilometres north of Cairns on the east coast of Cape York Peninsula. It is used for the export of silica sand from the Cape Flattery mine, and is operated by Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd.

The Cape Flattery silica sand mine is located 220 kilometres north of Cairns on the Cape York Peninsula facing the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. It is fully owned by a subsidiary of the Mitsubishi Corporation, Cape Flattery Silica Sand Mines Limited. Mitsubishi is the world's leading producer of silica sand that is used in the chemical ...

Mitsubishi's Cape Flattery Silica Sands mine, the world's largest silica sands mine . Silica sands are used in a range of industrial applications, including as a key glass-making ingredient. The CFSS sampling program identified three target areas with silica oxide (SiO 2) percentages of greater than 99% .

Ship Loader Design and Installation – Cape Flattery. Design and installation of new 2500T/Hr ship loader. Located on the eastern side of Cape York, The Cape Flattery Silica sand mine is approximately 240km North of Cairns. In a logistically challenging project, JPR was engaged to design a new 2500T per hour ship loader. ... Cape Flattery ...

Cape Flattery Silica Mines (CFSM), is the world's largest Silica Sand manufacturer and is a wholly owned company of Mitsubishi Corporation. A leading producer of world-class Silica Sand for the glass, foundry and chemical industries, CFSM engaged Mineral Technologies to assist in the development of

Cape Flattery Silica Mines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, is the leading producer of world class silica san d for the glass, foundry and chemical industries.. Founded in 1967, the mine was purchased by Mitsubishi in 1977 and in 1987 a deep water jetty was brought into operation.

Cape Flattery is a cape in northern Queensland approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) north of Cooktown, Queensland.The headland was named by James Cook on 10 August 1770 as he charted the eastern Australian coast.. Silica mine. Cape Flattery is the location of the world's biggest silica mine. The mine was established in 1967 and was severely damaged by Cyclone Ita in 2014.

commuting work practices operations, being a base for government services, mining operations, construction and defence. Cairns was founded in 1876 as a mining port to service hinterland mineral fields and more recently; Rio Tinto Aluminium Weipa since the late 1950's, Cape Flattery Silica Mines since 1967 and Freeport Indonesia for over

Maxitool Mining was engaged by Cape Flattery Silica Mines as head contractor for a $7.5m project to upgrade the site Reclaimer. The works included efficiency improvements; overall refurbishment of the Reclaimer; some re-design work; and complete blasting and painting of the machine. Maxitool Mining was required to appoint and manage various ...

Cape Flattery Silica Mine Wharf Pile Repairs. Scope of work. PMG were contracted to seal holes in 142 piles at the Cape Flattery Silica Mine Wharf, using underwater welding techniques. The works were conducted in the following stages: 1. Locating of Holes.

Cape Flattery has operated since 1967 and is the world's largest silica sand mining operation. The Cape Bedford / Cape Flattery region of north Queensland is dominated by an extensive Quaternary sand mass and dune field that stretches inland from the present coast for approximately 10km and extends 50km from north to south.

Oct 23, 2013· Cape Flattery Silica Mines new Cessna Caravan ferried to Cairns today from Wichita. CFSM currently operates one Cessna Caravan from Cairns registered VH-LZK.Cape Flattery is located approximated 220 kms north of Cairns. N8152S C208 Majuro-Cairns

May 18, 2012· Traditional owners win land trustees fight ... owner group as trustees of 110,000 hectares of Cape York land, including the Cape Flattery silica mine. ... will benefit from mining …

Cape Flattery is the location of the world's biggest silica mine. The mine was established in 1967 and was severely damaged by Cyclone Ita in 2014.. The cape's local port is used for the shipping of silica sand from a local subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, and exports the most silica sand internationally, with 1.7 million tonnes exported alone in 2007–08.

Cape Flattery Silica Mines employs over 100 people of which half are of Aboriginal descent. The Cape Flattery Mine Site on Cape York covers a lease of around 6500 hectares and has an estimated resource of over 500 million tonnes of silica sand. Cape Flattery Silica Mines is the largest global exporter of silica sand and has the highest ...

Find all the best local Mining Companies in Cairns, QLD. Localsearch features the best local businesses in your area with customer reviews, galleries & contact information. Find, compare & get quotes from all the best Cairns Mining Companies near you, direct from …

Dec 21, 2012· Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd Level 1 14 Shields St, Cairns QLD 4870 ph: (07) 4051 5099 Altius Mining Limited 31 Hargreaves St, Edmonton QLD...

Jun 27, 2019· Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd engages in the mining, processing, and sale of silica sand for glass, foundry, and chemical industries in Australia. The company was founded in …

Nov 07, 2018· The Cape Flattery Silica Mine. The wharf of the silica mine is located on the southern point of the Cape Flattery headland. Berthing is carried out by two boats and is a remote operation as there are no facilities. The mine has more than 80 employees and delivers the highest quality of silica sand in the world.

May 31, 2013· Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd – Queensland Resources Council. Cape Flattery Silica Mines is the largest global exporter of silica sand and has the highest production of silica sand for any mine in the world.Contact details … »More detailed

Cape Flattery Silica Mines is the world biggest Silica Sand Manufacturer and a wholly owned by Mitsubishi Corporation. Founded in 1967, the mine was purchased by Mitsubishi in 1977 and in 1987 a deep water jetty was brought into operation. Cape Flattery Silica Mines employs over 90 people.

Cape Flattery. Cape Flattery was named by James Cook, and until rich mineral sands were discovered there in the late 1960s it remained an untouched part of Australia. Since 1967 Mitsubishi has been mining the rich silica sands, which are the purest in the world – about 98.9% pure. They produce 1.6 to 2.2 million tonnes a year.

[2] The Applicant, Cape Flattery Silica Mines Pty Ltd ("the Mining Company") is the lessee named in four mining leases issued to it under the Mineral Resources Act 1989 (Qld) and conducts the Cape Flattery Silica Mine ("the Mine"). The four mining leases are relevantly:

Nov 09, 2018· Cape Flattery Silica Mines: Ship Loader Installation - July 2018 Cape Flattery Silica Mines. ... Cape York 2017 - Episode Fifteen - Cape Flattery - Our luck runs dry.... - Duration: 6:56.

Jul 20, 2012· Cape Flattery Silica Mines is the largest global exporter of silica sand and has the highest production of silica sand of any mine in the world. Its extraction process involves mining the sand down to ground level, using the loaders to carry the sand from the dune to the mining bins typically a distance of around 50 m.

Eugene Petrache Rico added a new photo — at Cape Flattery Silica Mines. February 8 · Hope Vale, QLD, Australia · Eugene Petrache Rico is with Dwight Andrew Rico and Lorie Bibat Rico at Cape Flattery Silica Mines .

View Garry Bartholdt's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Garry has 1 job listed on their profile. ... General Manager at Cape Flattery Silica Mines Cairns, Australia Mining & Metals. Cape Flattery Silica Mines. 1 connection. View Garry Bartholdt's full profile. It's free!