Aug 09, 2007· I made a mistake and bought a bunch of crushed coral for the new tank. Now I realize that I should have bought live sand instead. Does anyone have any ideas on how to crush this gravel down into smaller particles?

May 11, 2010· Fine Sand vs. Crushed Coral? - So, pros/cons of each?My next purchase will be sand and salt, probably from the LFS.Any recs as to not only the type (Sand vs. Coral) but also how deep of …

Sep 05, 2018· Eventually, as time went on tanks have turned sand based and now sand seems to be the norm for FOWLR. However, now that I have stepped over to the coral reef side of the hobby I am starting to wonder if crushed coral is a better suited substrate (less sand …

May 23, 2012· Sand vs cc, sand looks nice in my opinion, but does limit a few species unless you add in some shells or crushed coral. Some species need a soft sand bottom on the flip side of that. CC collects lots of crap literally and cause nitrate spikes. I would look at marcosrocks.com at there course sand

Related: crushed turquoise crushed coral aquarium live sand cichlid sand crushed red coral aquarium heater crushed opal aquarium sand. Include description. Categories. All. ... 2 product ratings - CaribSea Florida Crushed Coral 10LBS Bag Sand For Marine Aquariums 00110CS. $18.94. FAST 'N FREE. Buy It Now. Guaranteed by Sat, Jun. 29. Free Shipping.

CRUSHED CORAL 40LB WHITE - 40 Pound - White ... Worldwide Imports AWWA1042 Atlantic Coral Sand, 40-Pound. ... thought I was safe but after I started to put it into the tank everything turned white, I rinsed it all again this time even more but still cloudy white tank after starting to put this in. I don't know if I just got a bag that had a bit ...

Dec 07, 2005· I added 2 TEAspoons to the 10 gal and 2 TABLEspoons to the 55 gal. I just put the crushed coral down into the toe end of a pair of kneehighs and dropped it down into the filter. I removed about half of the crushed coral from the 10 gal because I don't want it to go up any higher than it is now.

Jun 16, 2006· I want to get a goby but I have crushed coral for my substrate. Is there any goby that would work with it. I would like to switch over to sand but that would be later on the line.

Apr 14, 2009· Question - Freshwater: Baking soda or crushed coral to raise ph? 43016 - in pH forum - So, after weeks of research on low ph and buffering capacity, I'm cross-eyed and still at a loss for a solution to my water issue. It...

May 07, 2017· I hope you like this 1st installment of kinetic sand smashing compilations. More to come so please like this video and subscribe to see more. We are also on:...

Some substrates are used to alter water chemistry. Crushed coral and coral sand both contain calcium carbonate, which will raise the carbonate hardness and buffer the pH. Peat may be used in some aquaria to mimic some soft water habitats. Substrate may also be used as part of a biological filtration system.

Feb 13, 2002· The old crushed coral falls into the category of stuff that "I don't want to throw it away; I might need it someday", that takes up lots of space in my garage! Rinsed with fresh water, it could be used around a small flower bed or some such use.

Nov 22, 2008· Can I use crushed coral in a freshwater/tropical aquarium? I was going to start a salt water aquarium and had purchased some crushed coral. Now I've changed my mind and I'm going to do a tropical aquarium instead. I'm just wondering if crushed coral is a safe medium to use or should I …

Oct 28, 2006· Crushed coral is solid now I tried to remove the crushed coral and it has solidified and won't be removed unless I hit it hard with something. This is an old tank (18 years old at least) and with my luck I'll have a disaster on my hands. Is it feasable to add enough sand to fill the spaces completely and eliminate my nitrate sponge substrate ...

Pro-Pak 3/4 in. Crushed Coral Rock may be used for decorative landscapes and as a fill product. Pro-Pak 3/4 in crushed coral rock can be mixed with Hawaiian cement Portland cement and Pro-Pak coral sand to make concrete (sold separately) Many creative uses such as for landscaping, walkways patios, gardening, fishponds, tree wells and rooftops

You can now bring the world's most exotic reefs into your home with CaribSea's Arag-Alive!™ substrates. Eight environmentally accurate ecoscapes, developed through CaribSea's cooperation with public aquariums and zoological parks where authenticity is a …

Jul 27, 2016· This article provides an overview of how to pick the best saltwater aquarium sand. When I first started in the aquarium hobby a thousand years ago, the decision about what aquarium substrate to use was pretty simple. There were two options: fine sand or coarse sand (crushed coral) and two ways you could choose to place it in your tank.

Jan 20, 2009· as other post stated i am setting up a new tank. have lots of crushed coral from my african tanks can i mix it with the sand or will ... is it ok to mix crushed coral with sand. ... Defeating the purpose for why many use sand, other than the fact that crushed coral is a nitrate trap.. most critters benefit from sand rather than crushed coral. ...

Apr 29, 2007· It's much easier to vacuum the surface of the sand to remove anything uneaten versus trying to dig it out of crushed coral. If you go reef or FOWLR, the sand is even more critical because then you are competing with the phosphates and other elements being released into the water when you are trying to grow inverts.

Mar 05, 2016· This is a great question because the question forces us to think in general about how sand forms in nature! Short answer, yes. Purchase a rock tumbler and add some of your glass (coarsely crushed), water, and some abrasive. Turn on the tumbler for...

this is wrong! its not fish poop. coral beach sand is a result of years of coral erosion. corals are made by a small creature called polyps. polyps extract calcium from sea water and create coral structures in the form of reefs. these reefs are then eroded by natural forces and we get coral sand and the sand forms islands with white sandy beaches.

Caribe crushed coral 10lb per case. We know that you want to save money but you don't want to get cheap goods. We use several practices to ensure you are getting only the best, at a great price.

Apr 10, 2006· Crushed Coral is perfectly fine, and live sand is also fine too. I am suprised he is trying to sell you Crushed Coral though, live sand is more expensive so he obviously isn't trying to make a big sale. Some people claim that Crushed Coral will become a problem over time, I …

Grinding stone into powder is something you might need to do for all sorts of reasons. The process of assaying ore samples for mineral content usually requires that stone be ground down to a fine powder. Other reasons for grinding it might also include the production …

There are many types of sand (live or nonliving) to choose from, but the best is sand made from coral, such as coral sand, reef sand, crushed coral or aragonite. One top choice of many expert aquarists is Aragonite by CaribSea. Some sand sources other than aragonite types may have silicates in them, which you do not want in your aquarium.

Apr 09, 2012· Hey guys, so I have a few questions concerning Crushed Coral and Play Sand.. 1, Is it ok to use Crushed Coral in a fresh water setup? I know nothing of it, other than hearing that it really helps out with keeping the Ph levels balanced, but then again I may be confused with something else.

Anybody know how much crushed coral to add to a cichlid tank to keep pH up? Starting a new tank. ... the PH up its an african cichlid tank ? when i setup my malawi tank i used about 2 inch of substrate around 70% was crushed coral sand mixed with 30% medium sized gravel, ... How can I put sand into a tank that already has water and fish in it?

Mar 20, 2010· Best Cichlid Bottom I've ever seen 66379 - in Freshwater Substrates - Gravel, Sand forum - I have a new 55 gallon i want to set up, just wanted to get some thought on what the "best" substrate to use for it. I like the look of...